One of WBA’s largest areas of expertise has always been health care market research. We have an extensive range of capabilities in this field and a dedicated health care research team that is focused exclusively on helping our health care clients prevail in these changing times.
Our health care research team conducts both large scale and smaller projects, using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and works with a wide range of organizations including hospitals, major health systems, health insurance companies and managed care organizations.
We routinely interview a wide variety of respondents, from consumers to physicians, and we have particular expertise in reaching unique targets such as Medicaid and Medicare recipients, provider office staff and benefits administrators.
Our experience in the health care industry and high standards of quality were first recognized in November 1998 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), as WBA Research was certified to conduct HEDIS®1/CAHPS®2 surveys.
Starting in December 2006, our experience in the health care industry was again recognized by NCQA, as WBA was certified to conduct the HEDIS® Medicare Health Outcomes Survey. Since then WBA has been one of a limited number of research firms to be re-certified by NCQA each year.
Starting in November 2010, our experience in the health care industry was recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as WBA met the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan (MA & PDP) CAHPS® Survey requirements to be approved to administer the MA & PDP CAHPS® Survey.
Starting in November 2011, our experience in the health care industry was once again recognized by NCQA, as WBA was certified to conduct the CAHPS® Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Survey.
1 HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for HealthCare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Health Care Clients
- Alameda Alliance for Health
- APS Healthcare
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
- Baltimore Medical System (BMS)
- Baltimore Washington Medical Center (BWMC)
- Blue Cross of Idaho
- California Department of Health Services
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, Inc.
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc.
- Highmark, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland General Hospital
- Maryland Hospital Association
- MedStar Health
- Montgomery General Hospital
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Office of Vermont Health Access
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- United Concordia Companies, Inc.
- University of Maryland Medicine
- Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services