WBA provides research services for public transportation agencies throughout the United States. We have expertise in conducting research for a wide range of organizations and services—from large urban systems to smaller rural services to interstate transit services. These studies have been conducted for various transportation modes, including air travel, bus, subway, light or heavy rail, pedestrian and bicycle, and paratransit service.
Our research has covered a wide variety of topics, including rider satisfaction, perceptions of service from both riders and non-riders, transportation planning, origin & destination studies, mystery riding and communications studies (e.g., effectiveness studies on advertising, signage, on-board and system announcements). This breadth of experience allows us to bring the best practices of the public transportation industry into each project.
WBA is a member of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and WBA transportation practice leaders are members of the National Research Council’s Transportation Research Board (TRB). In addition, WBA maintains partnerships with a number of leading engineering and transit planning firms.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Cambridge (MA) Community Development Department
- Central Maryland Regional Transit (CMRT)
- Fairfax County (VA) Department of Transportation
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Montgomery County (MD) Division of Transit Services
- New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- New Jersey Transit
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC)
- Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC)
- South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)